Account Manager and Digital Strategy Assistant
About the position
Ignition72 is looking for an account manager to manage several key customer accounts, who also has an interest/aptitude in digital strategy and in learning Google Analytics.
You will have dual roles, depending on the needs of the company from day-to-day. As an account manager, your role is to manage the delivery of quality web development projects on time and on budget. Here’s how a typical project works:
- After a new client has signed a contract, the Managing Partner—Strategy will work with that client to research, plan, and get their approval on a complete and thorough planning document. Following the client’s approval of that document, the project moves to Operations, where it will be fully executed.
- During the life of the project, you will be in regular contact with the client, answering questions, gathering more information, and keeping them informed of progress. You will track that all internal project resources are on schedule and on budget to meet the delivery schedule, and notify the Managing Partner –Operations of all progress and adherence to the schedule and budget.
- You may also lead usability testing at any phase of the project to verify designs, or any other aspect of the project. Testing could include testing with designs, testing with wireframes, testing with surveys, or live testing on completed portions of the project. After testing, you would complete a report with testing results, and participate in discussions with clients about how to implement test results.
- After a project has been completed, you will conduct training for the client so they know how to use what’s been built, and you will keep in touch to ensure they are happy with the results.
For the strategy and analytics role, you will conduct research, take notes, and participate in the planning process extensively:
- You will help prepare for and attend the planning meetings, and help draft the planning documents for client approval.
- You will conduct extensive research prior to the planning meetings, possibly including small surveys to gauge customer perception of the new client’s digital footprint.
- After learning Google Analytics, you will conduct background research within Analytics to determine how the client’s digital properties are being utilized, and how they could be improved.
Ignition72 engages in all kinds of web development projects, including websites, apps, animated videos, and games. The key skills you’ll need to be successful are:
- Previous experience in a customer service position
- Interest in the how the web works
- Able to use common web tools like Slack, Google docs, and others
- Highly organized and analytical
- Skilled at communicating in person, via email, and over Skype or Join.Me
- Not afraid to set priorities and follow up on them
- Extremely patient and personable
- Able to complete tasks without close supervision
How to apply
To apply and send your resume
No phone calls please. If you are asked to meet us for an interview we will be more interested in what you have accomplished, in any area of your life, than your degree subject. You should be comfortable with digital technology.